Longwood is a city full of historic sites and quaint shopping areas. Longwood’s Historic District encompasses roughly 190 acres and is located near the intersection of State Road 434 and County Road 427. It became part of the National Register of Historic Places in October 1990.
The Brandlee-McIntyre House is a Victorian cottage style house. On March 28, 1991, the house was added to the U.S. National Registrar of Historic Places. The Bradlee-McIntyre House was built in 1885 for noted Boston architect Nathanial Jeremiah Bradlee and family. It is the only surviving “cottage” in Orange and Seminole counties, a Queen Anne style three-story, 13 room winter vacation house featuring an octagonal tower and “ginger-bread” trim typical of homes from the Victorian Period.